CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, July 30, 2008


This is my mom on the left hand side. She is ADORABLE!! and a little silly but so much fun just like me. Today is her 65th birthday and I just have to tell you, there is NO better mother in the world. She does not live close to me but she will be visiting at the end of September and I go there as often as I can. But, I miss her. She sent me this e-mail today and within the first two sentences I had tears in my eyes. So today Mom, it is your day...enjoy it. I love you and miss you more then I could ever tell you.





I think I'll keep you.




One day a mother died.

And on that clear, cold morning,

In the warmth of her bedroom,

The daughter was struck with

The pain of learning that sometimes

There isn't any more.

No more hugs,

No more lucky moments to celebrate together,

No more phone calls just to chat,

No more 'just one minute.'

Sometimes, what we care about the most goes away.

Never to return before we can say good-bye,

Say 'I Love You'

Or


'I Miss You'.

So while we have it ... it's best we love it ...

And care for it and fix it when it's broken ...



And take good care of it when it's sick.

This is true for marriage ... and friendships!

And children with bad report cards;

And dogs with bad hips;

And aging parents and grandparents.

We keep them because they are worth it,

Because we cherish them!

Some things we keep --

Like a best friend who moved away

Or a classmate we grew up with.

There are just some things that

Make us happy, no matter what.


Life is important,

And so are the people we know .

And so, we keep them close!

I received this from someone today

Who thought I was a 'KEEPER'!

Then I sent It to the people

I Think of in the same way!

Now it's your turn to send this to all those people

Who Are 'keepers' in your life!
{ and I'd like to have this back from you :-) }

Thank you very much

For being a special part of MY Life!

4 comments:

Meg Kelso said...

That was lovely. I'm stealing it for my blog.

:)

Determined said...

Your mom IS adorable! But now I want some of what she's drinking!

Weekends Off said...

Right back atcha honey! You are a keeper! Oh and I am stealing it too!

DJ Kirkby said...

Awww what a sweet post.